This year, St. Therese Academy has a new club! The K.I.C.S. Club, which stands for Kindness In Community Service, seeks to complete one service project per quarter. K.I.C.S. was founded by Justin Gorney in 6th grade, and currently has 46 members from grades 3-8.
Our first quarter service project, benefitting the POLINSKY CHILDREN’S CENTER, was more successful than we could have imagined!
The A.B. and Jessie Polinsky Children’s Center is a 24-hour facility for the temporary emergency shelter of children who must be separated from their families for their own safety, or when parents cannot provide care. Each month more than 300 children ages birth to 18 years old are admitted to the Polinsky Children’s Center. The facility has the licensed capacity to serve 204 children. It includes six residential cottages, a nursery, an on-site school library, infirmary and gymnasium.
On October 29th K.I.C.S. members delivered 256 Halloween-themed bags to the Polinsky Children’s Center. Each drawstring bag contained
• A coloring book or activity book
• A box of crayons, color pencils or washable markers
• and a hand-made Halloween card
K.I.C.S. would like to recognize and thank all whose donations made this project so successful:
• St. Therese Academy Students, Families, and Alumni
• St. Therese Academy Faculty & Staff
• St. Therese Parishioners
• St. Therese 50+ Club
• We also thank Walmart for extending a 10% discount on all pajama purchases made with the funds collected from the Parish & 50+ Club.
We can accomplish great things when we pull together as a community!